Borage/Gao Zaban (گاؤ زبان) also known as Starflower, Boragio and Borago Officinalis has multiple health benefits. One of the most important nutrient found in borage is essential fatty acids called gamma-linolenic acid (GLA). GLA is a type of omega-6 essential fatty acid which is required for overall good health. Borage is a good herbal supplement for women’s because it contains high levels of Calcium, Iron, Potassium, Zinc, Vitamin B & C.
Borage has tons of health benefits including.
- Supplies Anti-Inflammatory Properties.
- Has Antioxidant Properties that Fight Cancer.
- Can Lower Arthritis Symptoms.
- Fights Eczema and Skin Disorders.
- Helps Heal Respiratory Infections.
- Aids Growth and Development.
- Might Help Lower Fat Accumulation and Weight Gain.
- Hormonal imbalances, including adrenal insufficiency.
- Ongoing fatigue or chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Rheumatoid arthritis pain.
- Dealing with stress.
- Managing diabetes.
- Promoting breast-milk production.
- Inflammation causing pain and swelling.
- Preventing heart disease and stroke.
- PMS symptoms (including breast pain or tenderness, anxiety, and skin breakouts).
Borage is considered to be generally safe for both internal and topical use, borage does have some interactions and potential side effects to be aware of. Some people experience digestive issues when taking borage oil, especially in larger doses, including soft stool, diarrhea, belching and bloating.