This herb is not recommended during pregnancy or lactation. Avoid in people hypersensitive to piperine. Large doses (many times the recommended dosage) are said to produce headache and dizziness, probably from the augmented cerebral circulation.
Cubeb berry is considered a carminative, diuretic, expectorant, stimulant, and antiseptic. It has often been used in the treatment of gonorrhea. Cubeb Berry has been shown to be effective in easing the symptoms of chronic bronchitis. It is also used for digestive ailments and is effective in treating dysentery. Cubeb also has a local stimulating effect on the mucous membranes of the urinary and respiratory tracts. The herb has often been associated with the reproductive system and has been used to treat cystitis, leucorrhea, urethritis, and prostate infections. Its action in regards to genital problems have led many to believe that cubeb has aphrodisiacal properties and is often used in traditional love spells.
Here are some fantastic health benefits of Cubeb or Tailed Pepper:
– It relieves sore throat, cough, asthma and other respiratory ailments. Especially great for singers as it keeps their voice clear.
– It is used as an ingredient in aromatic oils to relieve arthritis and joint pains.
– It is excellent for treating dysentery and leucorrhoea.
– It treats flatulence and dyspepsia.
– It is a diuretic and a stimulant.
Useful in Following diseases:
- Halitosis (Bad Breath)
- Sexual Debility
- Weakness of Digestive System