Lahori salt is rock salt or halite from the Punjab region of Pakistan. It is mined at the Khewra Salt Mine in Khewra, Jhelum District, Punjab. the sea evaporated and all of its life-sustaining minerals crystallized under the heat of the sun to form what we now know as Lahori pink salt.
Benefits Of Lahori Salt:
- Create an electrolyte balance
- Increases hydration
- Regulate water content both inside and outside of cells
- Balance pH (alkaline/acidity) and help to reduce acid reflux
- Prevent muscle cramping
- Aid in proper metabolism functioning
- Strengthen bones
- Lower blood pressure
- Help the intestines absorb nutrients
- Prevent goiters
- Improve circulation
- Dissolve and eliminate sediment to remove toxins
- Supporting thyroid and adrenal function
- Aiding in overall hormone balance for men and women
- Supports a healthy and fiery metabolism
- Contains 84 trace minerals vital for wellbeing
- Is required to make adequate stomach acid
It is even said to support libido, reduce the signs of aging, and detoxify the body from heavy metals.
It is commonly used in cooking, in place of other table salt, and in brine. Blocks of salt are also used as serving dishes and in the preparation of food. Fish and some meats can be preserved for use in certain dishes. Can be used as an air purifier if put in a room openly. Use it in your bath to detoxify your body and get rid of dead cells.
Make Delicious detox drink in summer for detoxifying your body and boost metabolism with Lahori Salt:
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 2 inches fresh peels ginger root
- 2 lemon/lime wedges
- 10-12 fresh mint leaves
- 2 pinches of Lahori Salt
- 1.5 liters of water
Mix all the ingredients with water and let it leave its goodness for about 5hrs. Drink this water daily or skipping a day.. Best for metabolism and detoxifying your body. Double the amount of ingredients if needed to make in more quantity.