Soapnut or Reetha (ریٹھا) is one of the most popular herbs in Ayurveda. It is all-natural, eco-friendly, cheap, and reusable. When it comes in contact with water, it creates mild suds that resemble soap. Many of us are well aware of the benefits of soapnuts for the hair. However, their benefits aren’t restricted to just hair. It is also used for fair complexion.These nuts are amazing for our health and skin as well and have multiple uses.
If you are tired of using chemically-treated shampoo and want to restore the health of your dull, dry, and damaged hair right now, it is time to go back to our Mother Nature and opt for a natural hair washing ingredient. Reetha can be the best choice for making your hair clean, soft, and shiny once again just by washing it in a regular manner.
Benefits Of Reetha:
- Reetha is wonderful in curing the hair fall, hair loss and other hair related problems.
- Reetha will make the hair shinier and supple with rejuvenation
- This will also reduce the hair breakage as reetha also acts as a natural hair cleanser that will improve the hair strands and cuticle quality.
- Not just the shine but reetha also makes the dull hair bouncy and full of life.
- Reetha cleanses the hair gently and effectively hence people with sensitive scalp and itchy scalp can also get benefits by using reetha as a hair cleansing remedy.
Reetha With Shikakai:
If you want to remove that extra oiliness from the hair and want shiny and smooth hair then this remedy will fulfill your desire. Reetha combined with shikakai can be used as a hair cleanser as well conditioner. Reetha consist cleaning properties that can help you in creating your own natural shampoo.
How To Use?
- Heat a pan, add 2 cups of water.
- Add 2 tbsp of reetha powder and 2 tbsp of shikakai powder.
- Give it a boil for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Damp your hair with water and pour this liquid on your scalp.
- Massage it onto your scalp and follow through tips and ends.
- Rinse off with cold or lukewarm water.
Reetha With Lemon:
These dual natural products will induce the hair shine and its overall health. Lemon is a great antiseptic which protects the scalp against all types of bacteria and fungus. It aids in hair shine and smoothness. Like reetha, lemon also cleanse the scalp and gives a new look to your hair strands with a pleasant smell.
How To Use?
- In 1 ½ cup of water, soak 1 tbsp of reetha powder for 2 hours.
- Add 2 tbsp of lemon juice in it and mix properly.
- Massage onto your scalp and hair.
- Leave it for 5 – 10 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
Reetha With Amla:
A juicy and rich in vitamin-C, amla is a one of the best remedy for hair. It induces hair strength, shine, color and softness too. You should use fresh amla to get those perfect locks in a few minutes. Reetha and amla are wonderful for shine and cure of the hair. Here is how you can sue these two for shinier hair.
How To Use?
- In a saucepan, add 3 cups of water, 2 tbsp of reetha powder and 2 tbsp of amla powder or 2 – 4 fresh amla.
- Give it a boil for 5 minutes. Let it cool for an hour.
- Pour it on wet hairs and massage it properly.
- Slowly go through the middle and the end of your hair.
- Rinse off with cold water.