Sal Tree/Ral Safaid (رال سفید) is also known as Sakhua, Shala Tree and Shorea Robusta. The resin of the Sal Tree has an oleoresin, which contains triterpenoids, the derivatives of ursonic, oleanane and a triterpene acid. These chemical constituents give Sal Tree its therapeutic benefits.The resin of Sal Tree is sweet, astringent, hot in nature, has anti-microbial properties.
Key benefits includes:
- Sal Tree are beneficial in treating stomach disorders like diarrhea and dysentery.
- Sal Tree extracts heal skin andrelieves itching.
- It is a potent hair and skin cleanser.
- It is useful in fracture healing.
- It relieves pain due to wounds and burnsand quickens wound healing.
- It is useful in treating ear disorders.
- It helps decreasing excessive sweating and bad body odor due to sweating.
There are no visible side effects of Sal. In fact, it is given to children for better health and easy digestion. It is also given to nursing mothers for better milk production. It is recommended to use under medical supervision during pregnancy.