Spearmint has a wide range of applications, including its culinary uses to flavor cocktails, sauces, dips, entire dishes, or even as a garnish, in addition to hygienic products, toothpastes, mouthwashes, soaps, body scrubs. However, the medicinal benefits of spearmint are particularly impressive.
Some of the most important health benefits of spearmint include,
- Its ability to improve digestion.
- Boost respiratory health.
- Optimize hormonal levels.
- Relieve stress.
- Increase circulation.
- Maximize heart health.
- Protect the integrity.
- Strength of the immune system.
- The natural antibacterial and antimicrobial nature of menthol and other organic compounds in spearmint can help to protect mouth and throat from infections, including those that can damage dental and gum health.
- Prevent chronic diseases including cancer.
Safety and Precautions:
Some individuals are highly sensitive to mint and may experience allergic reactions when touching or consuming the herb. While these reactions are usually mild (skin rash, throat irritation, headache, or dizziness) it is still best to avoid this herb if one suffer from the aller.